May 24, 2008

Weekly Post

It is difficult to write posts here in New Mexico. Too much going on – finishing a house, building a garden – not much time to think about the essentially unthinkable. And what’s the point of trying to explain the unexplainable anyway? To try to put into words what is beyond words? (especially when you don’t understand it yourself!) So enough philosophizing, it’s time to concentrate on direct experience of Haiku God Itself. However, I did make a promise to write a post at least once a week, so here it is.

Two days ago I found out friends of ours lost their only grandchild to SIDS. What a shock! I wondered how I would feel if my only grandchild (who is still in the oven) were to die before living a year.

Well, I don’t think I would feel sorry for the child. For one thing, it would be too young to have built up any negative karma, so would revert to pure spirit, pure love, the pregnant void of dark energy. And it might even be a blessing, as it would not have to live through what probably will be a very dark future for mankind.

But personally, there would be a big hole – a part missing. Already I feel little Rous (rodent of unusual size, this being the year of the Rat), who hasn’t even been born, is a part of me.

And maybe it would bring home the fact of the transience of all life, even my own. Yes, I am sure to die someday – perhaps it would be a good idea to prepare? How does one prepare? Logically, by developing awareness and compassion, the hallmarks of Haiku God. Hmmm.

On that note, enjoy Memorial Day, but also reflect on the ultimate sacrifice so many have made to give us what we have. Was it worth it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way behind on reading your posts!
Due to mundane and sordid complications of severe bronchitis, which definitely did not respond to mind over matter. Just want to say keep going.....lots of food for thought in what you write.
Like the idea of 24 hour meditation.
Thanks.