Mar 2, 2009

Being I

Sometimes I wonder why I am going through all this theorizing concerning Haiku God. Surely it is an interesting intellectual endeavor, but that's the problem - it's intellectual, not experiential. Even if I come up with answers, they are meaningless unless I follow through on the conclusion - to let go of I, and live as not-I.

In the Christian tradition, it is "thy will not mine" - "thy will" being not-I, or love. It's letting not-I/love run my life rather than I following my feelings, emotions, thoughts, and beliefs. It is practicing virtue. Intellectually I realize this is the true path - practically, I will most probably continue to question, continue to think, emote and evade letting go of I. I like being I.

e

1 comment:

Phyllis Townley said...

It is what it is.....we have to be what/who we are. Unfortunately "reality" isn't always kind. Question is do we adapt ourselves to the world out there, or have the courage to be ourselves?
The key to LOTS of stuff is letting go of expectations. Very difficult, but when it happens life becomes much less fraught.....
Perfection is a pipe dream.
(hope these musings aren't a complete non sequitur to your posting! just sounding off). smile......